Meet your therapist
Welcome to taking the first step into improving your life or the life of someone you care about. Why struggle to find your path alone?
I have worked in the healthcare field for over 12 years with children and adults. From organizations like, Hasbro Children’s Hospital, Brown University, Hospice, and Day One Trauma Center. Currently, I manage a state wide program to address opioid related overdoses, provide community education and distribution of naloxone at URI and I also teach at Post University in the Early Childhood Department. My clinical experience is extensive but you are an expert as well. We will work together on goals, to alleviate your pain and increase your motivation. I am a level 2 EMDR trained trauma therapist and Certified Dance Mindfulness facilitator.
Some areas of specialty: Grief, Trauma, Infertility, History of Abuse, Immigration, LGBTQQ+, Depression, and Anxiety. Fluent in Spanish and bi-cultural.
~Massiel Almond Frias, LMHC, RPT, CAGs, Licensed Psychotherapist
What to expect?
Currently licensed in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Vermont.
I work full-time at URI, in order to focus on more of my client’s clinical needs, I relay on the help of technology to run my private practice. So on this site you can:
- Complete your client forms.
- Schedule your session.
- Enter my HIPAA compliant virtual room.
After your initial intake session, we will work together on a treatment plan that includes age appropriate, culturally sensitive and empowering therapy methods like:
- Solution-Focused Brief therapy
- Somatic Experiencing
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma-Focused CBT
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Play Therapy and Filial
- Theraplay and MIM Evaluations
- Sand-tray and Expressive Arts
- Emotional Freedom Techniques & Tapping (EFT)
- Imago, Gottman, Interpersonal relationship counseling
- Along with Mindfulness-based stress reduction techniques and more
Individual or relationship sessions related to:
- Depression, Anxiety or stress related disorders
- Relationship issues, divorce or family conflict
- Trauma or Grief
- Attachment issues and Parenting coaching
- History of Sexual, Physical abuse or neglect
- Cultural challenges
Free naloxone (NARCAN) by mail:
Rhode Islanders, obtain free naloxone anonymously by mail after taking a 5 minute online training here: uri.edu/cfrp/
If you live in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont or Maine and want free naloxone by mail visit: uri.edu/ROTA-R